I hope everyone had a great Christmas and became well rested for 2009 over the holiday break. I haven’t put much thought into providing much original content, but I thought I would provide a couple of good posts from other blogs I have seen over the break that really seem to have gotten me excited about starting the new year fresh!
The New Year is an exciting time. It symbolized transformation and starting new. It’s a time when you can let go of the old, shed your past and begin again.
Make sub-goals: Sometimes the main goal can feel so overwhelming that it becomes hard to achieve. So, break your goal into smaller components.
And since the season of giving was just a week ago and you might have received have a little bit of holiday money, here are a few ways to invest in yourself for the new year:
- Give or get a subscription to Men’s/Women’s Health Magazine (~$20).
- Buy winter workout clothes. Don’t use the weather as an excuse to be lazy.
- Use it towards the first few months of a gym/health club membership OR
- Invest in a cheap home gym or some workout DVDs.
- Buy an iPod. You can use this to listen to music while you workout or start listening to some of the great fitness podcasts that are out there.
- Or you could be like me and buy a new flat screen TV so I can practice my Shimmy… I loves me some Shimmy.
The most important thing to remember for the New Year is that it is not too late to start getting back into shape. Just because losing weight has been your resolution for the last three years and you have yet to meet your goals does not mean that you shouldn’t set the goal this year as well. At some point, it is going to click and everything will work. So just remember to keep with your goals and use this time to start fresh.