In case you didn’t know, I am a big fan of the website Nerd Fitness. Well, last week, Steve Kamb, the man behind Nerd Fitness, and Vic Magary released a new workout/diet plan ebook called the Rebel Strength Guide. Since I have recently lost 50 pounds and I now fall in the category of “skinny fat” (not really fat, but not toned and just sort of dumpy looking), the timing of this book aimed at getting you lean, strong, and cut, could not have been better.
Along with the guide, Steve is running a six week contest.
I am going to kill this contest.
I don’t really care if I win the contest, but I am going to give it hell and fight my way to the top of the contenders. I have been fat and mopey for too long, and I now feel like I have the opportunity to be the guy I never thought I could be. The guy mowing his lawn without a shirt on. The confident guy at the party. The husband who can still get a second glance from his wife while getting ready for work.
The time is now.
So I plan on using this blog as a place to keep my status updates and measurements.
Here is my baseline.
- Height: 6′ 2″
- Weight – 193 lbs
- Body Fat %: Need to measure (will do Wed.)
- Arms: 12″
- Chest: 40.5 “
- Waist: 39.25 ” (I wear a size 34 pant, so I’m not sure I did this right)
- Thigh: 20″
And the before picture montage. As you can see. I still have a ways to go to get to where I need to be.
6 weeks to a better me:
This contest is a also being run in conjunction with the Nerd Fitness 6 week challenge, in which you set 4-5 goals and use the Nerd Fitness message boards to keep yourself accountable. Here are my fitness and nutrition goals:
- Rebel Strength Guide Dumbbell Division Rank 1. Three workouts a week track.
- Train for and run in a 10k Race (already registered for one on May 7th and 30th). 3 runs a week, one being 15% improvement in distance over previous week’s best.
- Stick to the Rebel Strength Guide diet plan and log all of my food in Daily Burn.
- No sugar in my coffee and only one “special” coffee drink a week.
And some Lifestyle centric goals
- In bed with TV off by 11:30 every night
- Don’t bring work home.
So here we go!
Stick with me and see where it takes me.